Summer is here and it’s time to talk about summer plumbing issues and how you can protect your plumbing system. The tips listed below will save you both money and energy!
- During the summer Americans spend A LOT of time outdoors, so that means clothes get dirty faster! You will probably be using your washing machine a lot this summer. Be sure to check your washing machine hose for leaks, cracks and bulges. The hose should be replaced every three years.
- When it’s humid outside it isn’t uncommon for ductwork to sweat, which creates condensation. This can backup drains. Keep an eye on the ductwork and make sure it’s up to speed. If isn’t, call us and we will fix it for you.
- DO NOT put banana peels, cornhusks, celery or other fibrous foods in the garbage disposal. It will just clog the system, and cause you major headache.
- While you’re on vacation turn down the temperature on your water heater.
- When trees grow during the spring the new tree roots can mess with sewer lines. Call us so that we can inspect your sewer line, and prevent any future issues.
Call Shelton Plumbing today and let us know if you have any questions! We look forward to hearing from you!