A little drip here and there may not seem like much at the time, but in the end these little wastes of water can costs you tons. Check out some tips from us here at Shelton Plumbing in order to keep your sinks from falling apart!
- Always address the problem as soon as you find it! Check your entire sink and identify where the leak is coming from. Leaving a bowl underneath your sink will not help and could cause a bigger problem in the end.
- Figure out what type of faucet you have before trying to fix it. There are 4 types of faucets; compression, cartridge, ceramic disk, and ball type. Not all faucets need the same type of treatment or parts!
- Here are some tools you should always have handy in case of a leak: slip join pliers, flat-head screw driver, pipe thread compound, pocket knife, and short-handled pliers.
- Try to keep underneath your sink as organized as possible! If it’s too crowded it can be hard to get to the link or ruin your cleaning supplies and tools you might have stored there!
- Before trying to fix a problem with your sink, you must turn off your water supply. What looks like a small leak could easily turn into a heavy leak and ruin your floors.
- Something you should do every year, even if you haven’t encountered any problems is clean your faucet aerators. The aerator can be found at the tip of your faucet. This is what shapes the water coming out of your faucet!
- If you’ve recently remodeled your home and put a new sink in, check your warranty policy! Most of the newer sinks of a great warranty policy and will be able to send you the parts you need for your sink.
- Our last tip is to never take on a small leak if you’re not positive on how to fix it! We are always here to help and would be happy to fix whatever problem you are having.
We hope these tips help you when dealing with a problem with your sink or faucets. Call Shelton Plumbing at (254) 751-9655 if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you!