Do you want to save money, and have healthy plumbing in your home?
When you work with your plumber to proactively maintain your home's internal plumbing, you can save yourself lots of time, energy, and money.
We all know that plumbing problems are a nuisance, and at times can be expensive. If you take the time to work with your plumber they can give you tips on fixing simple things, and let you know when the issue is something a professional should handle. These things will help prevent long term plumbing problems.
Below are some helpful tips that will keep your pipes in working order:
1. Grease: Keep a grease cleaning product on hand. Periodically use it in the kitchen drain to help clean out the excess grease that has built up over time.
2. Pipe Banging: Have our service technician install shock arrestors or air chambers.
3. Hair Buildup: Put a strainer in each tub and shower in your home. This will catch all of the hair before it clogs up your bathroom drain. After each shower empty the hair out of the strainer.
4. Outdoor Frozen Faucets: Prevent outdoor faucets from freezing by detaching all hoses from the faucets before Winter begins. Also, be sure all water is drained from the faucet. When Spring arrives you can re-attach the hoses to the faucets.
5. Washer Replacement: When replacing the washer in your sink be sure to remove the current washer and bring it in to Shelton Plumbing and we will help you find the correct replacement, which will help prevent a headache for you when you’re replacing the part!
Preventative Maintenance with Your Plumber
In this economy we are all working extra hard to save money, and by doing this we attempt to fix many things ourselves. Here at Shelton Plumbing we want to give you the techniques to fix some things on your own, but also give you the knowledge to know when you should call us for fixes or for preventative maintenance.
1. Keep in mind, all of our plumbers are trained professionals. They know how to fix things both properly and in a safe manor. If you have a plumbing problem in your home or business, we’ll fix it. There’s a long list of things that can go wrong in any home and we have seen just about everything!
2. If you have a clogged pipe you might try to snake it yourself. While this can work, chances are you should give us a call. There could be things going on in the drain that you are not aware of, and in the long run could just cause larger issues, and bigger bills!
3. Leaks! Sure, you might think they are simple to fix, but there could be an underlying issue you are not aware of. We have a device called a Rigid Camera that is able to pinpoint leaks, both their depth and location. We can get to the source of the problem before the issue gets out of control!